Macrame and Bast are the summer trend materials again this year. They bring the feeling and the look of the summer into your own 4 walls. Or who does not inevitably have to think about the summer with the smell of basket and raffia? And also on the subject of decoration macrame celebrates his comeback. The homemade macrame perfect as a gift idea, wedding decoration or home. It is even better if the wall decoration is also homemade, like the DIY macrame feather. And the way to the beautiful decoration is still so relaxing, because the monotonous knots and combs have almost something of yoga. Just like on vacation. With this simple macrame instruction the knot succeeds featherlight 🙂
Step by step to the trendy DIY macrame feather
Required material for the macrame Instructions:
- thick, twisted cotton yarn
And this is how it's done:
- Cut a piece of yarn about 30cm. Then disassemble the yarn into its 3 "pieces", that is, to twirl the yarn. Then fold the 30 cm long yarn in the middle and put it edgewise with both ends down.
- Cut a total of 4 pieces of yarn for the feathers with approx. 10cm. This also aufzwirbeln, so you get 12 items. These also fold in the middle.
- Now put a short loop horizontally under the long vertical loop. A second short loop then exactly mirrored put on it. Now thread the ends through the loop and tighten. tip: This knot is called a cross knot. Repeat the step 11 times.
- Then cut the twine ends and comb them with a fine comb until a fluffy, smooth surface is created.
- Finally, bring with a good scissors in spring form. If you want, you can first make a rough shape on cardboard and use it as a template. tip: If the spring hangs on the wall, like to miss again with the scissors the final touch.
DIY summer wall decoration made of placemats
Matching the DIY macrame feather, the rest of the wall can be designed in a summery look. For this simple placemats made of raffia or wicker in ethnic style with small nails hanging on the wall. It looks especially nice when you combine several placemats together and hang them a little over each other. Different colors also bring some dynamism to the summery wall decoration.
The nice thing is that you can use the decoration again for the table decoration, should you decide for a new wall decoration. So handy and nice at the same time 🙂
I wish you a lot of fun in the aftermarket. Your Mona
The contribution Feather-light DIY: macrame feather & summer decoration
make yourself from placemats appeared first on Beautiful with you by DEPOT.